The 2019 NRC season will start this Saturday, January 8th with the Sprint Rally where all the top Rwandan drivers are expected to feature.
According to Rwanda Automobile Club (RAC), thirteen drivers have been cleared for the weekend event which will traverse over 192km in Rulindo District.
The man to beat is the 2018 Gorilla Mountain Rally champion Davite Giancarlo Giancarlo Davite wegukanye Rwanda Mountain Gorilla Rally 2018. Giancarlo will be navigated by Yan Demester in a Mitsubishi Evo x.
Among the big names expected to challenge Giancarlo is MIitralos Elfter who will be navigated by Paolo Paganin in a Subaru Imperza N10, Roshanali Mohamed in a Subaru Impleza N10, the reigning 2018 National Rally Championship Din Imitiaz who will be navigated by Scoot Cook in a Toyota Avensis and Giesen Jean Jean with Yannik Dewalque in a Toyota Celica GT4.
Others are Jean Claude Gakwaya and Mugabo Jean Claude who won last year’s edition which was held in Muhondo, Yoto Fabrice and Peter Kabagire (Subaru Impreza GC8), Kayitankore Lionel and Mujiji Kevin (Toyota Celica), Awadin Illias (Toyota Glanza), Sekamana Furaha (Subaru Impreza GC8), Fergadiotis Tassos and Gatsinzi Jonathan (Toyota corolla), Mutuga Janvier, Bukuru Hassan (Toyota Corrola) and Semana Genesse (Peugeot 205).
The two-day rally which gets underway on Saturday from 9am is sponsored by Entreprise Urwibuto/Nyirangarama owned by Businessman Sina Gerard.
The rally will see drivers drive twice from Shyorongi to Nyange then to Tare and after they will drive two times from Nyange to Shyorongi then make three rounds to Tare.
Entrants for Sprint Rally 2019
1. Giancarlo Davite -Yan Demester /Mitsubishi Evo x
2. Mitraros Elefetrios – Paganin Paolo /Subaru Impleza N10
3. Roshanali Mohamed /Subaru Impleza N10
4. Din Imitiaz – Scoot Cook / Toyota Avensis
5. Giesen Jean Jean _ Yannik Dewalque /Toyota Celica GT4
6. Yoto Fabrice – Peter Kabagire /Subaru Impreza GC8
7. Kayitankore Lionel -Mujiji Kevin /Toyota Celica
8. Awadin Illias /Toyota Glanza
9. Sekamana Furaha / Subaru Impreza GC8
10. Fergadiotis Tassos-Gatsinzi Jonathan /Toyota corolla
11. Mutuga Janvier /Bugy
12. Bukuru Hassan /Toyota corrola
13. Semana Genesse-Manu /Peugeot 205